By David Fekke
January 17th, 2011
I ran into an issue this morning using a JQuery selector filter. One of the things I like about JQuery is that they have some pretty cool filters that you can use to specify different parts of your DOM.
jQuery("table tr:first"); // This will select the first row.
jQuery("table tr:last"); // this will select the last row.
I was trying to select all cells that were blank or empty so I used the following;
$("#myIDName td:blank"); //Find all in table.
This worked fine in Firefox, but created all kinds of Havoc. I do not believe this is officially supported by the JQuery group.
I was able to solve the problem using the following change to my selector.
I am assuming that blank has been deprecated or was never fully supported, either way you should just use the :empty filter.